Monday, May 31, 2010

The rules

Until last month, we'd never had to set any rules about checking places off our list.  But such an occasion arose that I was going to be stopping by a brewery and Jeff wouldn't be with me.  So, would this visit count, or do both of us have to be present in order to check it off our list?  After some back and forth, we decided that just having one of us there would suffice (otherwise it might take us longer to clear the list).  Thus, Rochester Mills Brewing Co. was checked off the list.

And how was Rochester Mills?  Not too shabby!  Big spacious interior, bar seating, restaurant seating, multiple pool tables....I was there with a coworker (we were at a conference at a neighboring hotel) and we arrived late and starving after doing a college fair.  We each ordered a sampler, which meant 10 beers - the exact number they had on tap.  So we tried them all.  The double IPA was pretty solid - probably my favorite.  Strong, a tad fruity.  They also had a special coriander wheat that I quite enjoyed: it was smooth and a little spicy.  I can't remember if I liked the Porter or Stout....I'm inclined to say I prefered the Stout.  The other beers were fine.  Not great by any stretch, but fine.  The food was pretty tasty.  We just did salads and crudite, but the homemade hummus (3 different kinds) was delightful.  The rest of the menu looked pretty tasty.  I would say this is a good place to go if you want something a litle more than just bar fare, and a cold beer.  But I wouldn't go there if I really wanted a great brew.

No comments:

Post a Comment